Pierce Transit launched a service this week catering to essential workers who are unable to commute due to reduced transit service hours.
The service is available to essential workers designated as such in the Governor’s list of “Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers.”
The Morning Wire: Keeping you informed on Washington politics, policy, and political economy
To schedule a trip, workers must submit a request no later than 5 p.m. the day before they wish to ride.
Service is available Monday through Friday during morning and evening hours that were previously served with bus service before recent COVID-19-related service reductions.
Pierce Transit said the service will be available in most areas where routes were temporarily cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
When calling to schedule a ride, Pierce Transit has instructed works to have the following information ready:
- Why you are considered an essential worker;
- Pierce Transit route number(s) you typically take;
- What time you typically travel on the bus to and/or from work; and
- Desired pickup and drop off locations.
- A Customer Service Representative will work with you to ensure you are eligible and schedule your ride.
Your support matters.
Public service journalism is important today as ever. If you get something from our coverage, please consider making a donation to support our work. Thanks for reading our stuff.