Rep. J.T. Wilcox has been re-elected by his legislative colleagues as leader of the Washington State House Republicans. Wilcox was chosen for his leadership post during the group’s reorganizational meeting today.
“I’m looking forward to session and the work ahead,” said Wilcox, R-Yelm. “Our caucus is focused on standing up for the hard-working taxpayer and the people left behind in our state. We’re also going to fight for effective state government oversight – something that is critical when power rests with only one party in Olympia.”
The Washington State House Republicans also selected the rest of their leadership team:
- Rep. Joel Kretz, 7th Legislative District (Wauconda) | Deputy Leader
- Rep. Paul Harris, 17th Legislative District (Vancouver) | Caucus Chair
- Rep. Gina Mosbrucker, 14th District (Goldendale) | Vice-Caucus Chair
- Rep. Drew Stokesbary, 31st Legislative District (Auburn) | Floor Leader
- Rep. Jacquelin Maycumber, 7th Legislative District (Republic) | Assistant Floor Leader
- Rep. Drew MacEwen, 35th Legislative District (Union) | Assistant Floor Leader
- Rep. Dan Griffey, 35th Legislative District (Allyn) | Whip
Additional leadership positions will be appointed in the upcoming weeks.
The legislative session will begin Jan. 14 and is scheduled to run 105 days.
This press release was provided by the Washington State House Republicans.